When a death occurs…
Any time of the day or night, the first thing to do when a death occurs is to call us right away. We will provide you with valuable guidance and assistance, whether the death has occurred locally, or out of the area.
Our caring and knowledgeable staff will help you plan a funeral service that will honor your loved one with respect to your family’s personal wishes and beliefs. Whether you choose traditional burial or cremation, we can adapt any service to meet the very specific wishes of you and your family. It is our family’s promise to you to provide the upmost care, compassion and dignity for your loved one.
You may even consider adding some special touches to the service that will truly tell the story of your loved one’s life. Whether it be a memory board with photos, a tribute video that adds an extra element of your most treasured memories, or a display of your loved one’s valued possessions. By offering services and memorialization features that are personal and special, a unique life can be remembered and honored in an individualized way that is comforting to family and friends.
It is important to recognize that not all funeral service providers are the same. At William L. Danks Funeral Home, we promise to operate at a Higher Standard than any other locally owned provider. With over 220 years of combined experience and three family generations, our professionals are committed to providing exceptional care for you and your family.
We have served the community of Ohio County for over 50 years and have dedicated our efforts to celebrating every life with honor and respect and serving every family with thoughtful care and compassion. This commitment is the cornerstone of what we do and how we have chosen to serve others during their time of need. It is the very definition of who we are.
Our family offers many services connected with a funeral service. These services include but are not limited to:
• Services to families of any religious belief with a wide selection of funeral, cremation and alternative service options.
• Professional, Personal and Affordable Service.
• Fully licensed funeral directors with experience in all aspects of funeral service.
• A staff of 6 licensed funeral directors, 5 licensed embalmers and 1 funeral service assistant.
• Full time pre-need counselors for consultation on pre-planning questions without any obligation to your family.
• Assistance with the coordination of the funeral service from contacting ministers, vocalists, pallbearers and beauticians to writing and publishing the obituary.
• Assistance and guidance with the selection of cemetery monuments and cemetery plots at any cemetery.
• Assistance with veteran’s benefits.
• Assistance with social security.
• Assistance with the filing of life insurance claims.
• Unique ways of memorializing your loved one.
• A complete line of quality, affordable funeral merchandise including caskets, vaults, urns, and other keepsake items.
• Grief resource information and support.